Saturday 30 April 2011

Was It, Or Wasn't It?


It had never happened to me,
And never had I wondered.
Was it my innocence,
or had someone blundered?

She never looked my way,
Never she smiled at me,
But she was my only ray,
Though never were together we.

I saw her often through my window,
Going in and out of her house,
Often, had I thought of her,
My heart was in total chaos.

In my dream, I saw the image of her,
Together we were crossing the Nile,
And as the sleep began to blur,
I got up quickly with a smile.

Dressing up was no problem,
Nor were the flowers I would buy,
The only problem was the anger,
When I saw her with the other guy!

I caught him by his throat,
And flung him aside,
Meanwhile she ran,
Looking for somewhere to hide.

I told her to come out,
For she needn't fear,
It was then that I saw,
That little rolling tear.

"I knew you loved me,
I knew you cared,
But I wanted you to tell,
For I could never have dared!

I am happy to know your love,
But you were a little too late,
You missed the Dove,
My parents had already laid the bait!"

No comments:

Post a Comment